In case of an automobile accident:
- Immediately call 911 to report the accident and any injuries.
- Do not leave the scene without exchanging information and asking the police officer to file an official accident
- Remain on the scene until a police officer arrives.
- Stay calm, cooperate fully and tell the officer what happened.
- If you are injured, or think you may be, request medical attention. The officer will most likely summon an
ambulance, even for minor injuries, so do not be alarmed.
- Contact your insurance company within 24 hours to report the accident.
- Cooperate fully with your insurance adjuster, who may want to record your conversation; but remember-they
must inform you they are recording your conversation and you have the right to have your attorney present when a
recorded statement is given. Do not give a statement to the other party's insurance adjuster under any
circumstances, until you have consulted with your attorney.
- Within 30 days of the accident you must complete and return to your insurance company a no-fault application.
Failure to do so may result in a disclaimer of your insurance company and they may not pay your no-fault benefits
including all medical expenses, lost wages, mileage, and other benefits.
Call Toll Free:
New York State Personal Injury Law
26 North Main Street
New Hartford Office
107 Genesee Street
New Hartford, NY 13413
129 Oneida Street
Oneonta, NY 13820
109 Main Street
Oneida, NY 13421
303 Erie Blvd West
Rome, NY 13440
P.O Box 705